At the Livingcity Group of Companies, we take your Privacy very seriously. We ask that you read this Privacy Statement carefully, as it contains important information concerning the personal information you give to us and that which we collect about you; what we do with this information and who that information might be shared with, both during the conduct of our business and thereafter. We are required to notify you of this information under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom), and we are responsible, as ‘controller’ of that personal information, for the purposes of those laws.
Who we are
The Livingcity Group of Companies consists of seven individual companies servicing clients and end users with a diverse range of property related services. The companies within the Group are:
- Livingcity Limited – The Group holding company – Company Number 03997922
- Livingcity Asset Management Limited – Professional estate management provider, incorporating building surveying and consultancy services – Company Number 05389440
- Livingcity Works Limited – A human resource provider and property maintenance contractor Company Number 04304777
- Livingcity Vision Limited – Specialist property development consultant – Company Number 04979460
- Stone’s Throw Creative Solutions Limited – Creative consultancy – Company Number 11173443
- Livingcity.co.uk Limited – Web portal host – Company Number 04899803
- Emeritus Homes Limited – Long leasehold operator of retirement homes – Company Number 08269257
All Livingcity Group companies are registered at: 10 Durling Street, Manchester, England, M12 6FS
Within the context of this statement, references to “We” or “Us” may relate to the Livingcity Group of Companies or any of the subsidiary companies either as individual entities or a combination of more than one subsidiary or their trading divisions.
What information do we collect?
We collect, use and are responsible for personal information about you, when you provide it to us.
- Name, address, email address and telephone contact number(s)
- You may be required to provide us with additional information to facilitate the provision of services to you. This could include: vehicle registration number (e.g. for authorised access to managed car parking), date of birth, occupation and proof of identity.
We may also collect information about you from other legitimate sources.
- CCTV, secure door/gate entry and car park control apparatus – our properties, and properties on estates which we manage for third parties, may be monitored by CCTV or access may otherwise be controlled by automated security apparatus. This data may be recorded and stored.
- We may be provided with information about you from other sources, under the performance of our contracts, for example during the handover of a building management instruction.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect and use this information in order to deliver our services or perform any duties or obligations under any contractual relationship you have entered into with us, or with any of our clients.
We seek to ensure that our information collection and processing is always proportionate (i.e. we will not collect more data than is required). We will notify you of any material changes to the type of information we collect, or to the purposes for which we collect and process it.
Who your information might be shared with
We use your personal data for contract performance purposes only and do not share your data with third parties. We will only ever share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities where we are required by applicable law.
Where your personal data may be held
Information is held at our head office and those of our Group companies, along with other service providers where appropriate (e.g. our email provider or our web hosting company).
Keeping your data secure
We have measures in place which seek to ensure that there is appropriate security for information we hold, as detailed in our GDPR Data Protection Statement.
How long will your data be held?
Data will be retained for as long as necessary for us to fulfil our obligations and for the period of time where we have an ongoing liability or a requirement to continue to hold the information; however, data will be removed upon request, providing that we are under no contractual, statutory or regulatory obligation to retain the data for a further period.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
The Livingcity Group of Companies retains the right to lawfully collect the personal information referred to within this statement, in pursuance of any contractual arrangements which oblige us so to do, or where you have granted us the appropriate consent.
What rights do you have?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge.
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Statement is already designed to address
- Requirement for us to correct any mistakes in the information of yours that we hold
- Requirement for the erasure of personal information concerning you, in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit this data to a third party, in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, please email, call or write:
- 0161 274 1400
- Livingcity Centre, 10 Durling Street, Ardwick Green, Manchester, M12 6FS
Providing the following information:
- Full name, address and alternative correspondence address, if applicable.
- Proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill).
- The information to which your request relates, including any relevant account or reference numbers.
Do you need extra help?
If you would like this statement in another format (for example: Welsh language, audio, large print or braille) please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ above).
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you may raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner, who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by telephone on 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement will be effective from 25/05/2018. We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time and, when we do, we will inform you.
This Privacy Statement was published on 22nd May 2018