Got Questions? We’ve Got Answers!

Below is a list of frequently asked questions to help you understand a little more about what we can do.

I live in one of your buildings - is there someone specific I can contact?

Every building in our managed portfolio is assigned a dedicated management team, comprising an Estate Manager/Surveyor, an Estates Administrator and a Client Accounts Administrator, so you always have a named person to ask for, who knows your building inside and out.

The contact details for your specific team are located on your building’s web portal (the information posters on site will have the address for the portal) or on written communication you have been sent. If you still can’t find your team’s names, give our reception a call on 0161 274 1400 and they will direct you to the correct person.

I'm not happy with my current managing agent - how can I switch to Livingcity?

If your building has a Residents’ Management Company (RMC) with Directors who are leaseholders of apartments in the building, this means that people who live in or own at your building are in control of selecting the managing agent. If you are on the Board, you can put forward a suggestion of who you would like to run the building, so that at the end of the current agent’s contract, it will be re-tendered to the new prospective agents.

Our new business team would be delighted to speak with you about managing your block – call 0161 274 1400.

If you don’t have an RMC, this means that it is likely to be a direct contract between the landlord (owner) of the building and the managing agent. If your landlord is not willing to change agent, you have the right, as leaseholders of apartments in the building, to take over its management. This is called Right to Manage (RTM) and you can find more details on the LEASE website here.

We have assisted several of our now RMC clients to proceed with an RTM action, via their appointed solicitors, and we would be very pleased to speak with you should you require some advice.

Do you offer lettings?

At the moment, no, Livingcity does not provide a lettings service for apartments in the buildings we manage. We are appointed to manage the communal areas of the buildings, meaning the corridors, stairwells, external areas, landscaping, lighting, fire alarm, security system, lifts and so on.

How do I complain about my neighbour?

If you are experiencing noise or other nuisance from a nearby apartment, in the first instance you should contact your site team, if you have one. They will attend to the property at their earliest opportunity and can try to resolve the situation as it is occurring, or soon after.

If the site team do not manage to resolve it and the problem persists, or if you don’t have a site team at your building, then contact your dedicated team at our head office and we will address the matter with the resident in question.

Further to the steps we can take ourselves, if the situation gets worse, the council is able to step in and help. For this, it will be beneficial for you to keep a record or diary of the disturbances, to have at your disposal.

How do I know you're any good?

As a Group of Companies, we hold RICS and ARMA-Q accreditation, in addition to ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and Safecontractor certification.

This means we are obliged to follow rigorous practices and regulations, and adhere to international-standard quality and health and safety management systems, on which we are audited regularly.

Our team combined has decades of experience in the surveying, legal, accountancy and asset management sectors, plus all the other skills we have picked up along the way.

More queries?

If you’re still not sure, just get in touch – we’ll always try to assist where we can.


We have a huge range of services to offer to developers, whether you’re a major institutional investor or a small company working on your first residential conversion.